Friday, May 30, 2008

Commas aren't Christian

I was killing time fighting for pacifism on the Christianity.com forums today and just about fell off my chair when I came across this post (#7 at link, and yes, I'm aware of the militaristic metaphors I've just employed):

i would just like to say that i am not fond of paragraphs spacing at all i think it is overrated as is any sort of punctuation or period to end the sentence i have felt this way all of my life and believe that it is based on biblical evidence the bible is clear that commas and periods were not used at least when you see the original latin and greek versions i cain't always understand what they are saying but i can see with my own eyes that they did not put periods or commas in there that is an invention of king james people when they wrote the bible so that he would understand it better as he must have been not the smartest king either that or a tyrant as his people had to bow to his whim to make a book that he could understand though i kind of see his point because the hebrew and latin letters are funny and the alphabet doesn't seem as long and they don't have a word for and which i find is really silly much less having another word for silly and that brings me back to the fact that i do not personally believe that one should use punctuation nor should one put a space to show a new paragraph has started there is really no need to start a new paragraph because every word that i say is so important that it needs to be read putting a space in there would only actually take up more space on the page and i would rather fill those spaces with important words usually my own words and they don't have to be coherent or make any sense but to me they are golden and worth more than the internet...

Well done, sir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like sarcasm/satire to me...

Sixth Estate said...

To me as well, yes.